Completely protects the ledge against all bird species; they simply can't get a grip and slide right off the ledge. When color matched to the structure, BirdSlide looks like it's part of the architecture.
- Where to Use: Edges, eaves, angle irons, I-Beams and most “L” shaped ledges where total exclusion is the goal
- Target Bird: All species, including Swallows
- Bird Pressure: All pressure levels
- Material: UV-stabilized Polycarbonate
- Installation: Base is glued to any surface
- Installation Level: easy to moderate
- How it Works: Birds can't get a grip and slide right off the ledge
- Customizable: Can be ordered in lengths up to ten feet (extra freight charges apply) and can be painted to match any surface
- For narrow ledges the “fin” can be trimmed down; for wider ledges an extension can be added. BirdSlide can be screwed to wood
BirdSlide Installation Options
(A) Ledges 3” to 6” Wide: Cut trim area at the appropriate width.
(B) 6” Ledges: Use BirdSlide exactly as it comes out of the box.
(C) Ledges Wider than 6”: Attach these special extensions for even wider coverage.
(D) Eaves: BirdSlide can be installed under eaves to exclude mud swallows. It can easily be cut to accommodate beams and other building features.
If adding a third extension as shown here, please contact a Bird Barrier representative for advice on providing proper support.
BirdSlide Seam Connectors
Gaps can appear between sections of BirdSlide when mounting to uneven surfaces. These new molded connectors lock the ends together and fill in the seam.
For wider ledges (see above), BirdSlide Extensions can be added to increase the size and coverage. Extensions are 6” wide, and now they just slide on to the top of the BirdSlide. This is a fast and easy process which looks attractive and professional.