BirdSlide Architectural SpecificationsBirdSlide®
Bird Barrier America, In
20925 Chico Street
Carson, CA 90746
Phone (310) 527-8000,
Fax: (310) 527-8005
CSI Division: 10296
PART 1 – GENERAL1.1 SUMMARY
- Design Requirements: Select appropriate solution as determined by site conditions where birds loaf, roost or nest on specified surfaces to prevent damage from droppings and nesting materials.
1.2 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Single Source responsibility: Furnish products from one manufacturer for entire project.
- Obtain all technical information from the manufacturer.
- Utilize labor or Certified Bird Barrier America, Ininstallers who are experts at Bird Control.
- Provide documentation indicating that they are a Certified Bird Barrier America, Ininstallation company.
- Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s descriptive literature, product specifications for each product including catalogs and installation instructions.
- Provide Warranty on Material and Installation.
- Provide samples of BirdSlide® excluding fastening hardwar
- Provide statement by official documentation stating they are a Bird Barrier America, Ininstallation company.
1.4 PRODUCT HANDLING
- Protect Bird Barrier America, Inproducts from damage before, during and afterthe installation.
1.5 PROJECT CONDITIONS
- Coordination: Furnish samples of solution(s) so that installation can be coordinated with existing conditions and within on-site conditions.
- Visit site and field measure prior to fabrication and delivery of materials.
- Five years against debilitating corrosion and ultraviolet degradation.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS2.1 ACCEPTABLE MANUFACTURER Bird Barrier America, In
20925 Chico Street
Carson, CA 90746
2.2 PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
- Width of Coverage: 6” (x cm)
- Length: 48" (x cm) per piece
- Height: 6" (x cm)
- Packaging: 52' / case
- Color: Gray and Beige
- End Caps: Close the ends for a seamless, attractive solution
- Slide-on Extensions: For wider ledges, extensions are 6" wide
- Mounting System: Determined by the installer based on conditions
- UV Stabilized Polycarbonate
- Construction: One piece
- Adaptation: Can be cut to fit any ledge, eave, angle irons, I-Beams and most "L" shaped ledges where total exclusion is the goal.
2.4 MOUNTING SYSTEMS
- For wood, concrete or metal use Bird Barrier Bond, a non-silicone based adhesive or screw on.
- For eaves, use BirdSlide® Mounting Clips
PART 3 – EXECUTION3.1 EXAMINATION
- Examine the installation area and note any detrimental or hazardous work conditions. Notify contracting officer or inspector of the work conditions.
- Do not proceed with installation until conditions are corrected. Surface should be thoroughly cleaned and free of bird droppings, nesting materials, rust, peeling paint or other debris.
3.2 SURFACE PREPARATION
- Surface should be thoroughly cleaned and free of bird droppings, nesting materials, rust, peeling paint or other debris.
- Ledges and mounting surfaces shall be cleaned with a combination of Bird Barrier’s cleaning products, Dissolve-It or Absorb-It when applicablThe surface should then be dry and free of peeling paint, rust, bird droppings or other debris. Bird droppings shall be removed in a safe manner; large quantities shall be removed and disposed of by reputable waste removal companies.
- Remove or repair articles that may damage the BirdSlide after installation, such as tree limbs, brush, and loose parts of the building.
- Installing BirdSlide® on surfaces not able to be drilled using Bird Barrier Bond. Run a zigzag strip of Bird Barrier Bond to the base of the 4 foot piece of BirdSlide® and apply to surface to be protecteFollow recommended installation instructions, which are supplied by the manufacturer. The BirdSlide®’s edge shall meet the edge of the ledge so as not to overhang, or be too far inset to allow a bird to get a grip on the exposed flat surfacBirdSlide® shall match up against the back wall in the same manner.
- BirdSlide® shall cover the complete ledge, not just the outer perimeter. BirdSlide® shall extend to each corner. BirdSlide® is an anti-landing device, or a deterrent.
- BirdSlide® shall be installed straight, or must follow the contours of the architecture perfectly. Uneven spacing of BirdSlide® will result in an unattractive installation, and space left between ends of BirdSlide® will present a landing opportunity for the deterred birds. Refer to BirdSlide® installation literature for details.
- Visually inspect BirdSlide® for poor adherence to mounting surfaces, or other problems related to poor installation or surface preparation.
- Repair as necessary immediately.