This version of Optical Gel glues into place, most often with silicone, which means it can be placed nearly anywhere.
Why Use the Glue-On Version?
1. VERSATILITY · Projects often pose unforsseen structural or clever bird habitation that requires thoughtful placement of these disks to gaurantee abatement. The neutral stance of our glued version is ready for anything.
2. PRICE · Our glued-down version is the cheapest of all routes per unit. However, there are a few ways of looking at this comparison between this version to the magentic or zip-tied based versions. If these two alternate choices can be used in your project but cost holds you back, rememeber the price of silicone should weigh in on your comparison. And then there's time.
3. NECESSITY · Overall, many disks won't be attached to metal or to structure that a zip-tie would find good grip. So, glue them down is the way to do it. Do note that using a removable ashesive such as silicone is suggested. Building owners often know that external installions tend to diminish the appearance of their buildi over time. Silicone helps keep things looking great.
How To Glue Them
Plan your pattern first.
PLACE · Once the area is ready and without glue, place the disks into the pattern that follows our guildlines.
LIFT, FLIP & DOLLOP · With silicone in hand, remove the lid, flip the disk and apply an appropriate amount of silicone to the base. We often over-apply here so do remember that on smooth surfaces, sometimes less is more. We want your material costs to be as low as can be.
RE-PLACE · Put that single disk down from where exactly it came. Of course a little rotation to embedd the silicone into the structure is an intuative action ans is great. But please avoid sliding the disk around. The reason we've pre-placed the disks is to avoid moving them once glued. Refine your postion ahead of time.
Where To Glue Them
Every bird type has their habits.
Follow our bird-specific guides to make the placement of Optical Gel impenetrable.
• Pigeons, Crows, Starlings, etc. fall under General placement.
• Woodpeckers have small sound hols and nesting holes.
• Gulls through their weight around by trying to rip away the disks. We've got them handled.
• Mud Swallows love home-base. Our patterning spells eviction.
Please click here
to view the guildlines.
Here are a few places to use these. Of course there are many more. So, glue them:
➤ where birds temporarily loaf
➤ when nesting occurs (follow bird-specific guidelines)
➤ where groups of birds congregate
➤ deep into tight areas
➤ onto movable bases to be placed when away
➤ to sensative equipment
➤ in attractive patterns directly onto skylights
➤ atop lights and other tall perching spots
➤ not just to edges but to large areas
➤ around woodpecker holes
➤ and the list goes on...
Optical Gel is supplied in 24 ready-to-use 2.5" x .25" plastic dish containers with reusable lids included.
Optical Gel™ is a proprietary Minimum Risk Pesticide exempted from Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) USA EPA registration under 40 CFR § 152.25(f).